QR Code Link to This Post
The Warehouse Operator reports to a Warehouse Supervisor/Manager and has primary responsibility for receiving inbound raw materials, picking and shipping using a Walkie-Rider for outbound finished goods to meet customer expectations.
2nd Shift Mon-Fri 2pm -10pm. OT would be 2 hours after shift as needed
Temp assignment is $14.50 and raise after based on experience with benefits
Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Participate in the general housekeeping of plant and work area
- Basic monitoring of assigned equipment including start, up-shut down & lockout / tag out
procedures for equipment responsibilities.
- Able to use and monitor computerized display and control screens. Ability to learn and use the ERP system.
- 40%: Learn and maintain expected quality standards. Pick and prepare finished goods stock for shipment. Deliver accurate orders as determined by customer shipping requirements.
- 10%: Use digital scales in metric and US standard units
- 40%: Load and unload trucks.
- 10%: Maintain accurate raw material and finished goods inventory. Perform cycle counts as directed. Reconcile with system inventory.
- Team player; volunteer to help where needed to get job done, and enhance skills.
Work mandatory overtime as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills
- Basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, percentages, weighing, measuring, and weight conversion.
- Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written directions.
- Effective communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to participate on and contribute to team projects
- Must be able to log into a computer, access company-based systems, perform basic data entry accurately; and demonstrate an ability to use an ERP system.
- Customer Focus
- Performance Excellence
- Change and Risk Taking
- Experience using disciplined process improvement tools
- Forklift certification would be a plus but job is starting out on a Walkie-Rider
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Experience with SAP
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop.
- The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 40 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.